Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wacom Bamboo in Ubuntu

I got a Wacom Bamboo tablet that I've been using on my iMac for Inkscape.  However, since I prefer to do most of everything on Ubuntu, I looked into getting the Bamboo Pen tabled to work on my favorite OS.

Well, I was just about ready to compile from source, which is a lot less painful than most people make it seem--but then I came across this helpful blog post and discussion

I've been working on tweaking my Wordpress blog a lot lately.  That got me thinking of just how easy this blog is to maintain (thanks Google!).  Then, I thought of how I used to take notes on all sorts of stuff like the Wacom driver installation.  What better place to write down those notes than right here?

Soooo....

Here's what I did.  I'm running 10.04 (LTS edition):



  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:doctormo/wacom-plus
  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install  xf86-input-wacom
  sudo apt-get install wacom-dkms
  sudo modprobe wacom


That was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment