Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Getting better....



As you can see, the dungeon floor plan generator is getting better.  In fact, it's starting to look more and more like the dungeon floorplans I used to draw up on graph paper when I should have been paying more attention in high school.  :-)

Well, it's now Spring Break (already to the midpoint, actually), so I've had a little extra time to play around with some comp sci topics that I haven't really used much in the past.  Of course I've been having fun with genetic algorithms, but those were easy to learn for me, having a degree in biology.  Not as easy are artificial neural networks.  Haven't much experience with them, so this is new ground for me.  There are many situations, though, that I suspect lend themselves to neural networks more than, say, genetic algorithms.  Regardless, it will be fun to compare and contrast....

No comments:

Post a Comment